Small Acreage Resources

For more general information, check out:

Barnyards & Backyards Rural Living in Wyoming:


To determine stocking rates for livestock on small acreages:



Soils and range information: NRCS/LDCD - this website

Johnson County Extension office: 307-684-7522

Surface water Regulations: State Engineer's Office:

Ground Water Resources: State Engineer's office:

Noxious Weed information: Johnson County Weed and Pest: 307-684-5715

Rules and Regulations: Johnson County Planning Office: ((307-684-7555

City of Buffalo Planning Office:


Last Modified on February 3, 2016

Crazy Woman Canyon